A housing provider in the North East is pulling out all the stops to create a unique bungalow with all the latest mod cons.
Thirteen is working in partnership with Vision Building Services to transform the 1960s property in Coulby Newham, Middlesbrough.
“We’re looking at new and innovative ways to improve our environmental impact,” said Helen Rooney, Thirteen’s asset sustainability analyst, who is managing the project.
“It’s really exciting to see the work taking shape now. This is a great opportunity to test out a range of new products, services and smart technologies which we’ve never used before.
“While it allows us to research the products on the market, we’re creating a safe, modern and energy efficient home for one of our customers.”
The open-plan home is benefitting from a full refurbishment, including a new modern kitchen, shower room and a range of new technology including:
- Triple glazed windows and doors
- Zonal radiant skirting heating (electric heating in the skirting boards)
- Sunamp thermal heat battery to provide hot water
- Prioto zonal control units (smart monitoring system that sends various sources of information back to a central platform)
- Vacutherm internal insulation panels to external walls and floor
- Mechanical ventilation heat recovery system
- DC low energy lighting system with mobile switches
The project is expected to be finished next month.